As competition for research funding increases, the ASPIRE HEMOPHILIA program underscores Pfizer’s commitment to supporting investigators with an interest in advancing their academic research careers in Hemophilia A & B.
MissionThe mission of the ASPIRE Program is as follows.
- To support basic science, translational and clinical research through a competitive grants program that advances medical knowledge in the pathogenesis and treatment of hemophilia.
- To support academic research as well as the career development of promising young and established scientists.
BackgroundBasic science and clinical research continue to advance our knowledge and understanding of Hemophilia A and Hemophilia B. However, the clinical applicability of these findings is not always apparent and correlative studies may not be readily available.
The ASPIRE HEMOPHILIA program is designed to support basic science and clinical research in Hemophilia pathogenesis, host response and clinical outcomes in Hemophilia A and Hemophilia as well as translation of the resulting knowledge to bridge the gap between bench and bedside.
It is hoped that the results will lead to a better understanding of disease mechanisms and treatment options to enhance the clinical care of patients with Hemophilia A or Hemophilia B
Areas of Focus: Hemophilia A and Hemophilia BPfizer will support competitive grant programs which address one of the following areas in Hemophilia A and/or Hemophilia B.
- Location & significance of extravascular Factor VIII & Factor IX stores
- Epidemiology / burden of disease / Outcomes Research
- Patient adherence to prescribed regimen
- Routine prophylaxis and preventative treatment
- Surgical prophylaxis, dosing regimens
- Treatment of inhibitors: ITI, inhibitor bypass therapy
- Switching experience
- Management of adolescent hemophilia patients
- Management of the aging and elderly hemophilia populations
- Clinical monitoring of modified product factors
- Clinical monitoring of hemophilia treatment
- Recovery experience (hemophilia B patients)
- Stability / compatibility