Rheumatology Apply Page
- Doctoral degree preferred (e.g., M.D., Ph.D., Pharm.D. or equivalent); other credentials may be considered depending on the type of research proposed
- have experience conducting the type of research being proposed
- reside and will conduct the research in the United States
No current participating review committee member may be an applicant or co-applicant for the program, nor author any publication resulting from the program
Deadline for Application
- Applications must be received by March 17, 2017, 11:59 pm Eastern Time
- Addenda, supplemental materials, changes, or updates will not be accepted after the deadline
- Notification of Award recipients is anticipated to occur in June 2017
How to Apply
Applications are to be submitted to Pfizer through an online submission website. Please click on the link below to be routed to Pfizer’s global investigator-initiated research website. Click on “Submit an IIR Request” and follow the online instructions. If this is your first time visiting the portal you must first “Create an Account”.
When starting the online submission form, select “yes” when asked if you are applying for a competitive program. Applicants must select "2017 ASPIRE US Rheumatology and Inflammatory Bowel Disease” from the drop down menu that appears to ensure the submission is tagged and routed appropriately.
The protocol is expected to contain:
- a clear research hypothesis or question
- a rationale for the research and its potential impact on patient care, health economics, patient education, etc.
- methods for both subject/animals/samples and analysis
- anticipated findings.
Please note: all applications will be reviewed by a panel of external experts; a decision to approve is not dependent on Pfizer endorsement of anticipated findings.
Completed applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
- An abbreviated curriculum vitae (CV) (limited to 3 pages)
- Budget for proposed research
Other required documents. Due to uploading limitations, please condense the following information to no more than five (5) separate uploads:
- The 3 most relevant articles from the applicant’s scientific publications (if applicable)
- Description of available laboratory facilities (if applicable)
- Listing of other current research support with a description of potential overlap
- Listing of consenting collaborators (including CVs), if applicable. Signed Letter(s) of Agreement from all collaborators must be submitted with the application.
- Bibliography of relevant references
A preliminary review of submissions will be completed by Pfizer in order to ensure there are no restrictions (i.e., FDA Restricted) on the Principal Investigator, and that there are no concerns with the proposed work from a patient safety or intellectual property perspective.