Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have a professional degree (MD, PhD, PharmD or equivalent) and reside in the United States
- Applications submitted by junior investigators (within 5 years of terminal training) will be afforded preferential consideration
Other FundingNo other government, non-governmental, or industry-sponsored projects may cover the same work scope as the grant application to the ASPIRE Program. However, an ASPIRE Program grant may be related to other funding from foundations or government agencies, as long as there is no direct overlap. It is the responsibility of the Applicant to justify the novelty of the proposal and provide evidence that the application does not overlap with any current or pending funding.
Criteria for Selection - Independent, External Review CommitteeThe ASPIRE applications will be reviewed by an independent, external review committee comprised of medical and scientific experts. Grants will be awarded based upon:
- Scientific merit of the research proposal
- Qualifications of the applicant
- Relevance of proposed research to the program's mission
- Evidence of the applicant's commitment to an academic research career
- Evidence of a suitable research environment
QuestionsSee the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for help.
You may also e-mail questions to questions.aspireresearch-Vaccines@pfizer.com